Last time we have talked about skin exfoliation to prepare for the Spring. If you are having sensitive skin like me, you have to be careful in choosing the right products for exfoliation. Oatmeal is one of the natural products I tried and found it very suitable for sensitive skin, and you can make your own mask at home with simple ingredients and steps.
Oatmeal Honey mask
Oatmeal (3 - 4 Tbsp)
Honey (1 Tbsp)
Drinking Water (1 Tbsp)
1. Mix all ingredients to a suitable consistency.
2. Put on the face to cover all areas except the eyes.
3. Wait for 5-10 mins or until the outer layer is dried. But not until cracks appear.
4. Rinse your face with warm water.
5. Add toner to dry skin follow by your normal skincare procedure, OR
6. Indulge your skin with a hydration mask!
If you are too lazy in making your own mask, there are also other ready-made choices which are suitable for sensitive skin. The Aveeno Oat Face Mask is a detox mask but provides hydration to skin at the same time. And the best is that this mask is paraben-free!
In the Five Elements, the lungs manage our skin. In the previous article "The Five Elements Theory", we notice that Lungs belong to Metal. And Earth (stomach/digestive system) generates Metal (lungs). That is, if you want to have better skin, you should learn to pick good (suitable) food to eat! How to choose? Tell you further next time.